BOISE, Idaho – The Idaho Lottery announced the winners of its Money Makeover for Schools promotion during a ceremony with faculty and staff at Pocatello’s Indian Hills Elementary today. As part of the home improvement-themed Scratch GameTM Money Makeover, public schools across all of Idaho were asked to submit projects for improvements to their facilities. The Idaho Lottery awarded five top prizes of $1,000 to schools who met the criteria for consideration. The winning schools were:
· Indian Hills Elementary, Pocatello: Restroom safety improvements for special needs students
· Lava Elementary, Lava Hot Springs: Science Lab shelving for equipment storage
· Farnsworth Elementary, Rigby: Library shelving and storage
· Galileo K-8 STEM Academy, Eagle: Installation of a soundproof movable wall between a gym and music room that share space and a stage
· Pleasant Valley School, Owyhee County: Build shelf space for updated language arts text books
The criteria used to evaluate the winning entries were the project’s need, the impact the project would have to improve education and the ability of the project to be completed using the Money Makeover for Schools Promotion funds. In total, twenty-nine projects submitted from across all areas of Idaho. An evaluation committee, made of Idaho Lottery officials who do not have nor never have had children in the public education system in Idaho, reviewed the applications and selected the winners.
“The Idaho Lottery was created to benefit public schools and permanent buildings in the State of Idaho,” said Idaho Lottery Public Information Specialist David Workman. “This promotion as part of the Money Makeover Scratch Game is just one additional way the Idaho Lottery continues to fulfill its mission to aide education in the Gem State.”